CBD vs THC | Difference, Benefits and Side Effects | How CBD is better over THC- You’re probably hearing a lot about cannabis and marijuana products, out of which two natural compounds are getting the most attention are CBD and THC.
Here the big question arises, their origin is from the same plant, So are they similar?
CBD stands for CANNABIDIOL which is a chemical compound from the Cannabis sativa plant. It is the most trending ingredient in the race of the natural products and is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis also known as marijuana.
THC stands for TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL, which is the psychoactive and intoxicating compound found in Cannabis Sativa. It is the primary psychoactive element in marijuana. THC is the most famous of all the cannabis compounds due to its ‘high’ inducing effects and is most commonly linked to recreational use.
- As CBD and THC have the same parent product, chaos lies herein that being from the same parent plant they both have different chemical properties.
- This means CBD does not create any psychoactive effects after consuming any product made from it but at the same time, THC produced from the same hemp plant has psychoactive effects in their products.
- Both compounds interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system, but they have very different effects.
- Both CBD and THC work with receptors that release neurotransmitters in your brain. They can affect things like pain, inflammation can balance mood, sleep, and memory.
- CBD and THC have many of the same medical benefits. They can provide relief from several of the same conditions.
- However, CBD doesn’t cause the euphoric effects that occur with THC which is the main difference.
BENEFITS OF CBD
CBD is used to help with other various conditions, such as:
- Neuroprotective properties:- CBD oil medicines significantly reduce seizure activity in children and are efficient in reducing spasms in multiple sclerosis patients.
- Anxiety:- It is proved to be effective in anxiety disorder with successful treatment for people with impairments and anxiety.
- FDA approved:- CBD product Epidolex has been FDA approved to treat epilepsy.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Relief from Pain:- CBD relieves chronic pain and inflammation.
- Psychic Treatment:- It is helpful in the treatment of psychosis or mental disorders.
- Reduces pains of migraines and depression.
BENEFITS OF THC
THC is used to help with conditions such as:
- Relief from Chronic Pain:- It is very helpful in aiding pain and inflammation in any chronic disorder.
- It improves muscle spasticity.
- Helpful in aiding glaucoma, an eye disorder.
- Treating Insomnia:- It is very helpful for insomniac patients and feels very better after taking proper medication.
- It helps children to get from energy and reduces low appetite.
- Providing various Medi-aid:- As part of medical marijuana, THC helps ease things like Multiple sclerosis pain, Nerve pain, and Parkinson’s disease tremors.
- It’s also a very good product for nausea and anxiety patients.
As we can notice they both are similar in many ways, the main difference between the two is found in their side effects.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CBD
- Drowsiness:- CBD beforehand, as a result, it will leave you with potential drowsiness as a major side effect.
- Potential Liver Damage:- Aside from alcohol and drugs, even natural supplements can take their toll on the liver if used to excess.
- CBD is well-tolerated, even in large doses. But is any side effects that occur with CBD use are likely the result of drug-to-drug interactions between CBD and other medications you may be taking.
- Falling Blood Pressure:- It has been recently found that even a single dose of CBD can reduce the blood pressure of healthy volunteers.
- It can be dangerous to pregnant women it is not highly recommended to consume CBD during pregnancy.
- Extra dosage may also result in Diarrhea and you can never be happy with your upset stomach.
SIDE EFFECTS OF THC
- THC is psychoactive and creates feelings of euphoria.
- However, high THC use may be connected to long-term negative psychiatric effects. This is especially true for adolescents who consume large amounts of THC.
- This can be addictive to some as it creates psychoactive effects and adolescents often make the wrong use.
- It adds to the hit list of drugs so it is not legalized in many countries and U.S state laws vary with regards to THC and CBD.
- The effect on the brain is more profound for teens. Using the compound increases the risk for some psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia.
CBD over THC
- CBD and THC both have similar properties and benefits that can stimulate well-being and maintain the equilibrium within the body.
However, as a consumer, you also need to know the differences in the legality, potential benefits, and possible side effects. Both
- CBD and THC work with the same CB1 and CB2 receptors that release neurotransmitters in your brain. They can affect things like pain, infection, sleep, and memory, and many heavy disorders also.
However, the long term side effects of THC are seen to be more negative than those of CBD.
- Especially when taken in large amounts over time. THC can potentially have long term mental health effects, which could lead to psychiatric disorders.
However, CBD doesn’t cause the euphoric effects that occur with THC. Some people may prefer to use CBD because of the lack of this side effect.